Sunday, February 01, 2009

Shame....


Shame....
Originally uploaded by Backroad Drifter
Shame....
As i stood near a fence
i felt not a chill
I was waiting for Sunset
Being silent and still...
As the day's sun behind me
went from Orange to red..
the glow on the ice seemed
to speak words unsaid..
It seemed I was hearing
the wind call my name
Saying " you're seeing Beauty
But, I'm seeing Shame"...
"This picture is sad Friend
just look at the weeds
Soon spring will come and
they've all planted seeds..."
I then felt the chill
from the ice and the snow..
as guilt overcame me
for the seeds i let grow..
Though i know not one name
on the old stones i could see
Everyone's Guilty
and that includes me...
I was waiting for Sunset
to capture beauty on snow
But only my footprints
lead to seeds left to sow....

No comments: